All registered users may post new topics
All registered users may post replies

Lager ad from 80s, maybe Tennants

Author Post
jase18

Member #: 34
Level:
Posted: 31th Dec, 2002 7:22 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
I'm wanting to know the music from a lager tv ad from the mid to late eighties, which I think was for Tennants. In this ad, people drank in a bar which had a large video screen showing people in rags pushing large stone balls around what looked something like MC Esher's famous optical illusion staircase.

The people looked directly at the bar patrons via the tv linkup as if they could see them and were licking their lips in a thirsty fashion. The advert ends when the people in rags push one of the stone balls at the screen and it crashes through into the bar.

The music was a sort of new wavish, stadium rock type track, maybe a bit like simple minds. The only words I remember went something like "I was a child that was way out of time".

If anyone knows this I'd be very grateful, it's been bugging me for some 15 years!
quincyg

Member #: 37
Level:
Posted: 2nd Jan, 2003 2:17 AM | Reply | Reply with quote
the song was by Mike and the mechanics, but the title escapes me for the moment.
quincyg

Member #: 37
Level:
Posted: 2nd Jan, 2003 2:19 AM | Reply | Reply with quote
GOT IT! my brain just woke up..it was called 'Nobody's perfect'
jase18

Level:
Posted: 4th Jan, 2003 9:53 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
Sorry, but that's not it. The song was released half a decade after this advert was shown, but thanks for trying.
Claretblue

Member #: 3
Level:
Posted: 8th Jan, 2003 9:57 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
The music you are after is "you've got the power" by scottish band WIN. It was an advert for McEwans Lager.
jase18

Level:
Posted: 10th Jan, 2003 11:42 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out.
SHUGGY

Member #: 125
Level:
Posted: 2nd Feb, 2003 12:29 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
If it wasn't WIN then a group called HIPSWAY did some ads for McEwans around that time too ....... the stuttering jukebox on the platform with the man and woman running..... comes to mind.