All registered users may post new topics
All registered users may post replies

No 'SEARCH' button!?!?!?!

Author Post
GregPickersgill

Member #: 1385
Level:
Posted: 9th May, 2005 7:22 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
Now here's a strange thing. I've visited this site off and on - more off than on for reasons that will become clear - for a couple of years, and when I have been able to use it properly I have enjoyed it a lot and learned much useful knowledge.

But I have a problem. I frequently find I have NO 'Search' button available. There's just a gap between 'Home' and 'Multimedia' on the button menu. There's no code for anything in the gap showing either, when looking at page-source. Well, there's a code for an empty space, if you see what I mean. It's the same using Firefox, Netscape, or IE. Baffling. (All the other links work fine.)

I can't be the only person who has this problem, surely - but obviously many don't as the forums show people easily able to use the site. I'm a reasonably competent PC and web user, but I can't see how I could have inadvertently done something to block part of the page code.

I tried emailing the site owner but my mail keeps getting returned as undeliverable!

Anyone got any clues - as I have lots of stuff I want to look up!
GregPickersgill

Member #: 1385
Level:
Posted: 9th May, 2005 7:30 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
Oh why don't I have enough sense...

A few moments after posting the previous message I realised I could search the forums to see whether anyone else had posted about this. And found several similar messages and the very useful knowledge that turning OFF Norton Ad Blocker would solve the problem. Which it does.

The trouble is of course that you have to turn it off and on just for this site - I had already tried setting specific rules for http://www.uktvadverts.com, allowing popups, ads, kitchen sinks and house invasions, but that had made no difference. Howcome it works if you turn off Adblocking altogether? Makes no sense.

However, problem solved, sorta. So many thanks indeed to those who made useful postings in the other threads.
honty

Member #: 2642
Level:
Posted: 7th Aug, 2009 11:13 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
Thanks.........

[link name=click]url=telekomx.mobi/lp2/iwaayurl[/link]