All registered users may post new topics
All registered users may post replies

Can Anybody Help Me With These?

Author Post
XSAMPLE

Member #: 1294
Level:
Posted: 2nd Feb, 2005 2:15 AM | Reply | Reply with quote
Hi there, Im a newbie on this forum (first post and everything)

If im asking about this the wrong way please tell me!

My good friend (amanda) was in a few adverts when she was younger, and now a little older (well shes 23 now) she wants to find these adverts and show them to her kids and relive the good old days of TV stardom...

She was in the following adverts... If anybody has a copy of these on tape (good £s on offer for a copy) can help me with the best way of going about getting a copy on tape, or for download, any help would be much appreciated!

These adverts were aired around 1987-1989 (roughly)
I will ytry to discribe them in the best way I can:::

1) BRITISH AIRWAYS
A small girl (dark curly hair) is traveling on the airline with a teddy bear... as she leaves, she drops the teddy bear and a kind smiley air hostess picks up the bear and hands it back to the little girl.

2) COOK IN THE POT (Think was HomePride)
This was for their mexican range of cook in the pot (first advert in the series) and stared Joanna Lumley.

3) COOK IN THE POT (Think was HomePride)
This was also for their mexican range of cook in the pot (second advert in the series) and had a small girl and a mexican looking woman walking through a mexican village, with a donkey!.

4) COOK IN THE POT (Think was HomePride)
Also their mexican range of cook in the pot (third advert in the series) and had a mexican (looking) family sitting around a table eating the Cook in a Pot product (amanda siad that the 'what looked' tastey product they served them, tasted really nasty! lol)

Amanda was in in all 3 Mexican Cook in the pot adverts so any of these would be great help!

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Jody Richardson

cully

Member #: 435
Level:
Posted: 2nd Feb, 2005 11:29 AM | Reply | Reply with quote
Jody, because of the time which has elapsed this is likely to be a tough one! However..some suggestions.

Both Homepride and British Airways will have big websites with a "contact us" for people to send in queries and, perhaps even better, a special E-Mail address for queries about their ads/films.
Alternatively Amanda, notwithstanding her tender age at the time, will have had an agent.She could hunt him/her down and bounce the query off the agent.
kwillmott2003

Member #: 1209
Level:
Posted: 2nd Feb, 2005 1:08 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
This site is worth a try, although you may have to join up.
http://www.visit4info.com/
macca1971

Member #: 1297
Level:
Posted: 4th Feb, 2005 3:33 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
Hi Jody

You could try www.ads.xtremeinformation.com. They have tons of ads, including older stuff. They'll be sure to have these. No charge to register, but there are costs to get copies of the ads if you want them on tape/CD.

Best of luck
M