All registered users may post new topics
All registered users may post replies

Natwest Advert

Author Post
AdvertNewbie

Member #: 2286
Level:
Posted: 16th Nov, 2008 5:10 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
I'm not even sure it was a Natwest advert, but it was to do with insurance or something like that!

Anyway it finishes with the guy writing a message on a flipchart to his boss, at the bottom finishes with a kiss, and the crosses it out

The broadcast voice in his head says "...kiss...no kiss"

At the moment I think this may be the greatest television moment ever, if anyone can give me more info on it, it would be much appreciated, a youtube clip of it would be brilliant!!

Thanks
tmothy

Member #: 2294
Level:
Posted: 19th Nov, 2008 5:23 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
I know the advert you mean, and I think it is for a high street bank, but I just can't think which one it was...

The guy is working late in the office and has come up with some promotion idea that the bank can use, and goes into his bosses office to write it down on a big pad with a marker (its about saving money for their customers or something) and at the end of the note he signs it and then puts a kiss - and as you said - the voice in his said says "kiss.. no kiss" and he crosses the kiss out. He then walks through the office to where there is one of those indoor golf putting things and he putts a golf ball into the little catcher on the floor and he says "Yes!". Then the golf ball flys outof the thing, he ducks and the golf ball smashes a flatscreen TV behind him.

I'm sorry I can't think which particular bank it is for, but hopefully someone else can come up with that bit with the extra info!
kwillmott2003

Member #: 1209
Level:
Posted: 19th Nov, 2008 5:54 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
AdvertNewbie

tmothy
Has provided the answer the ad is for Barclays Insurance.
I have found the ad and it is the one.

Barclays Insurance Office Golf
http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA0761 (Copy & Paste)
tmothy

Member #: 2294
Level:
Posted: 19th Nov, 2008 8:01 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
Glad that someone was able to suss it out from the extra info!
I seem to remember that there were more of these Barclays adverts featuring the same guy.
There is one where he is on holiday with his girlfriend on a beach and he is still coming up with ideas for Barclays insurance rather than relaxing and enjoying his holiday. I'm not quite sure what the joke was in that one, but I think it might have been about writing calculations on his girlfriend's back using sun tan lotion.
randomeddy

Member #: 2283
Level:
Posted: 23rd Nov, 2008 3:42 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
One of the ads was funny where he has a go at the putting and the putting machine fires out the ball and smashes the big TV.
AdvertNewbie

Member #: 2286
Level:
Posted: 24th Nov, 2008 3:08 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
Thanks both for helping me find the ad! Very much appreciated

An unproductive day at work awaits!
pgf247

Member #: 2321
Level:
Posted: 10th Dec, 2008 12:13 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
It was Barclays, and the same person who walked along the indoor swimming pool to see his boss, and then splashed his Laptop.