All registered users may post new topics
All registered users may post replies

Poll of our favourite actors from ads

Author Post
malgus

Member #: 804
Level:
Posted: 5th Feb, 2004 9:27 AM | Reply | Reply with quote
I started this on the other forum ... which might have been a mistake.
Basically I'm making a list of our favourite actors from current adverts. So far this has just included woman since only my male friends responded to the call, though naturally it could include men as well.

Here is a list of those nominated:-

Lucy Blu from the YESCAR CREDIT adverts (5 votes)
Maybe this is deep spiritual cleansing lady from St Ives Apricot Scrub advert (2 votes)
Woman without guilt from the McCain Oven Chips advert (2 votes)
Jen "Thats how I got me new kitchen" from Direct Line loans (1 vote)
and the lady Doctor who is unable to get through to her bank in the NAT WEST adverts. (1 vote)

Everyone is welcome to include their favourite and vote for any of the nominations. You have unlimited votes ... so you can log a positive thumbs up for any of the ones mentioned.

... Malgus (the man with a weakness for a woman with a new kitchen!)
malgus

Member #: 804
Level:
Posted: 5th Feb, 2004 1:01 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
Since last posting I've received a few more nominations ...

The woman from the Persil advert trying to prize the grubby blanket from her son.

The woman from the Old El'Paso advert "He's butchering a chicken as we speak ..."

The woman who displays unnatural gibbon powers leaping across traffic to climb into her Land Rover.

And we have another vote for the St Ive's Apricot Scrub lady ... so maybe this is deep spiritual cleansing!
Babyface

Member #: 743
Level:
Posted: 5th Feb, 2004 8:16 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
Another vote for Old El'Paso from me.

I also like the tic tacs guy 'Did she just shake her tic tacs at me', and can't help but love the 118 118 guys.
LadyFaversham

Member #: 782
Level:
Posted: 6th Feb, 2004 8:31 AM | Reply | Reply with quote
My vote goes to the lovely young man in the Muller ads, the one with the strategically placed ice bucket!
He will have to remain anonymous as no-one knows his name I'm afraid.
cully

Member #: 435
Level:
Posted: 6th Feb, 2004 6:29 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
My vote goes to the lovely Jilli Foot who played the hairdresser in the current Yellow Pages ad (and selling DFS furniture in a 1998 ad).
2nd place (silver medal) to Amanda Royle who plays the snooty brunette in the Harveys ad with 2 women trying to outdo each other over their taste in furniture.
Also one of the 2 girls in the Boots ad from 2002 (the one with the freckles).Name anyone??
DJDonuts

Member #: 492
Level:
Posted: 13th Feb, 2004 3:30 AM | Reply | Reply with quote
Yet another vote for "El Paso" girl , does anyone know her name , very sexy voice .
SFD1968

Member #: 623
Level:
Posted: 14th Feb, 2004 7:44 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
My favourites for the poll:

1) The girl from the new Impulse "Goddess" advert..
2) The girl from the Currys adverts (no, not Linda Barker)
3) The girl from the new McCains ad (the one in which she cooks some chips, then lowers them down a well to a guy)
scorpiocat

Member #: 830
Level:
Posted: 19th Feb, 2004 1:08 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
But my current favourite is the Biker guy with the muscles and sexy voice in the Bissell ad,hence my attempt to find out who he is.
MiniMorf

Member #: 838
Level:
Posted: 20th Feb, 2004 6:26 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
What about:

The Lilt Ladies
Lucky the More Than >>> Dog
Peter Kay/ John Smiths Ad
The guy who attacks the bear on the John West Ad

lmao, they are some great ads.......

LadyFaversham

Member #: 782
Level:
Posted: 3rd Mar, 2004 3:35 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
The best ever ad was the one for Rolo where it featured a boy teasing a baby elephant by offering his last Rolo. Cut to the boy as an adult, he's watching a parade when he feels a tap on his shoulder - when he turns round to see who it is, he gets a wallop across the face - yep, its the elephant, now fully grown repaying him for his teasing. Just a great, great ad, they don't make them like that anymore now.
nobby1

Member #: 861
Level:
Posted: 3rd Mar, 2004 4:38 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
i nominate the lady in the ocean finance ad wearing a pale yellow skirt and jacket. still don't know who she is but she's got an air of elegance about her which i find sooooo appealing
allison105

Member #: 940
Level:
Posted: 14th Jun, 2004 3:48 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
My vote goes to the gorgeous guy from the new Magnum Truffle Ice Cream ads, the one where the girls on the balcony eating ice cream watching the gorgeous painter in the opposite flat getting turned on. any info on the guy would be greatly appreciated.