All registered users may post new topics
All registered users may post replies

Vosene medicated

Author Post
philipdalton

Member #: 1955
Level:
Posted: 8th Jun, 2007 9:05 AM | Reply | Reply with quote
One theme tune from an advert that always sticks in my mind is the one for the Vosene adverts.It went something like 'Ba ba ba ba pa,ba ba ba ba ba pa'.
I don't suppose anybody else has any recollections of this tune.
philipdalton

Level:
Posted: 9th Nov, 2012 9:29 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
An advert containing this theme tune can now be found on YouTube. It is the Thames continuity & News At Ten of 17th of September 1984-Part 1.

philipdalton

Level:
Posted: 11th Nov, 2012 5:23 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
I'm nearly 100% sure I remember seeing adverts for this particular shampoo as a child in the 70's. One particular one, I think it was for Vosene, was one which said it was 'good for mums'. It was actually similar to a scene from the film 'Curly Sue'. It showed a boy in the bath having his hair washed, & I think he might have been sitting with one leg cocked over the side of the bath, which looks a bit unusual. I may very well be the only person living in Britain who actually remembers this advert, even the actors who took part in it may have completely forgotten about it.
Well, who knows?
philipdalton

Level:
Posted: 15th Nov, 2012 6:33 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
Actually I've a sneaking fancy the 'good for mums' advert I mentioned on here may have been for Earth Born shampoo. There's an advert for Earth Born on tv-ark from 1976 & the tune used in it sounds a little bit similar to the one for Vosene from 1978.
If anyone feels the need to correct me on this then feel free.
My long-term memory is better than my short-term memory, but it's not that good.