All registered users may post new topics
All registered users may post replies

Neon Nerds tongue

Author Post
RobertRobson

Member #: 4026
Level:
Posted: 12th Mar, 2016 11:48 AM | Reply | Reply with quote
I'm looking for 2 adverts from the mid 90's. Both for Wonka Neon Nerds and both animated with a live tongue.

The first one featured a woman eating a neon nerd (fizzy solid sweet). After the woman after her mouth started burning with steam coming out of her ears and eyes spinning round. Suddenly her tongue fell out of her mouth (it had arms and legs) and fell on the ground. Then the woman watched as an ambulance came with it's siren on. Two men came out of the ambulance, and carried the tongue on a stretcher into the ambulance. The went back in and the ambulance drove. The woman then looked at the camera, and a large box of nerds fell on her.

The second one was similar, but featured a man at a train station (with LMS Black Fives in the background). The man did the same as what the woman did. The tongue jumped out of the man's mouth (it had arms and legs and was alive). It walked away carrying some luggage or suitcases, going to catch a train. The man watched his tongue walking away. Then looked at the camera, and a large box of nerds fell on him.

Anyone else remember them?
BlitzKid

Member #: 4306
Level:
Posted: 21st Jul, 2016 2:27 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
Yep, I definitely clearly remember these! They were shown around the summer of '95. The advertising slogan was "Neon Nerds- too much for a tongue to take".

They did some print adverts in magazines as well as the TV ad campaign. The Beano around that same time regularly featured these adverts, which had short cartoon strips all featuring similar scenarios. One of them was a teacher eating the nerds in front of his class, and his tongue jumped out of his mouth and shouted "Right, that's it!" or something along those lines.
RobertRobson

Member #: 4026
Level:
Posted: 24th Jul, 2016 9:55 AM | Reply | Reply with quote
Here's one I've found similar. But haven't one with the ambulance or the train station one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fj24Jc_ZM4
BlitzKid

Level:
Posted: 24th Jul, 2016 8:23 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
Interesting- that one seems to be a more recent one that's re-used the same idea.
BlitzKid

Level:
Posted: 24th Jul, 2016 8:28 PM | Reply | Reply with quote
Correction: it's from 1997, so it's not recent after all, it came not that long after the original Nerds ads.

I also seem to remember a Nerds ad from the early 90s, possibly late 80s, that had some kind of mad scientist in a Gothic castle of some sort and had a jingle based around 'The Monster Mash'.